Announcements and Church News
For archived PDF copies of our bulletins Click Here
- On Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 23, we will have a bilingual Mass at 10am. There will not be a noon Mass that day.
- The parish office will be closed on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 23-24.
- Our Religious Education classes, RCIA classes, and Youth Group will not be meeting on Sunday, Nov. 26.
- On Sunday, Nov. 26 at 5:00 pm, we will have our fourth-Sunday Missa Cantata in the ancient form of the Roman rite, to celebrate the 20th Sunday after Pentecost. Mass is offered in the Church's universal language, Latin, and translations are provided. A nursery will be available.
- Due to Thanksgiving weekend, on Nov. 26 we will not have our usual fourth Sunday Basilica potluck in Varallo Parish Hall.
Incense for Upcoming Weekends
November 25-26 Solemnity of Christ the King: incense at all Masses
Our Women’s Ministries will continue their discernment discussion Saturday, Dec. 2 at 10am in Varallo Parish Hall. The meeting will include a potluck, and afterwards the group will be decorating Varallo Parish Hall for our St. Nicholas Dinner. All women of the parish are invited to participate!
On Friday, December 1, we will have First Friday Adoration following the Noon Mass, and concluding with Benediction at 5:30. An all-night Adoration Vigil, organized by our Hispanic community, will continue from 9pm to 7am.
A monthly Evening of Recollection is offered at the Basilica. The evenings, led by a Basilica priest, include Adoration,confessions, a meditation on the writings of St. Josemaria Escrivá, and spiritual fellowship. Evenings are from 7-9pm and begin in the church. The next dates are Dec. 13 for Men and Dec. 20 for Women. For details, contact Dan and Nancy Fisher or the parish office.
Our That Man is You group meets on Saturdays at 7am in Varallo Parish Hall. The fall session will conclude on December 9.
We began a Friday Book Study on October 21. The group meets Fridays from 7:40 am – 8:25 am at Camp House. We are discussing Out of the Ashes: Rebuilding American Culture by Anthony Esolen.
Please take the time to fill out this quick survey put together in consultation with the Parish Pastoral Council so that we can better plan for the future here at Sts. Peter and Paul.
- Wednesday 4/12 - 5:45pm Vespers, 6pm Stations, and 6:30 pm Seder Meal (RSVP by April 6)
- Holy Thursday 4/13 - 6pm Holy Thursday Mass (Bilingual), Adoration until Midnight
- Good Friday 4/14 - 1-3pm Confessions, 3pm Stations (Bilingual), 6pm The Passion of the Lord Liturgy (Bilingual)
- Holy Saturday 4/15 - 8:30 pm Easter Vigil Mass (Bilingual)
- Easter Sunday 4/16 - 9am & 11:30am English Masses, 1:30pm Spanish Mass
Lent and Holy Week 2017 - Schedule of Liturgies and Devotions at the Basilica
We are in need of donations for altar flowers. Please consider being a supporter of the Basilica's apostolate of beauty. Maybe you want to honor a family member, a birthday, or an anniversary! Contact the parish office for details.
Religious Education Classes for Age 3 - Grade 12 10:15-11:15am Sundays in the St. Dominic Building
Middle School and High School Youth Group 5:30-7:30pm most Sundays at All Saints Academy (contact Debbie Cliche for full calendar)
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) 10:15-11:15am Sundays in Varallo Parish Hall
Starting OCTOBER 1, our parish will start praying for those in RCIA by sending the RCIA Rosary to a different home each week. Praying for those who have come to the doors of the Church seeking to learn more about Jesus through His Church is a responsibility and privilege of the laity. The RCIA Rosary will be presented to a family, couple, or individual each Sunday at the conclusion of the Mass you attend. You will take the Rosary home and use it as a focal point while praying daily for those in RCIA and those assisting those on the journey of faith. In successive weeks, the Rosary is passed to other homes. Sign up in the vestibule!