The Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
Strategic Plan 2018 - 2023
- All people need to be reconciled to God; Our Tradition is rooted in God’s gift of His Son to the world to accomplish that reconciliation.
- The Catholic Church exercises this ministry of reconciliation through the celebration of the sacraments, especially the Eucharist, the source and summit of our faith.
- We believe that the Truth, Beauty, and Goodness of the traditional liturgical expressions and practices handed down to us by the universal church naturally lead people to these sacraments and thereby reconciliation with God through Jesus Christ.
- The work of our parish follows in the footsteps of the apostles, doing on a local level what is morally and objectively good for all humanity.
- Coming from diverse languages and backgrounds, united by our Roman (Latin) Rite heritage, we are called to be one community of faith grounded in the Eucharist.
- As a parish enjoying the title of ‘Minor Basilica,’ we accept the gift of the sacred art and architecture of our parish church. We acknowledge the responsibility to steward these gifts and share them with the greater Chattanooga community as an apostolate of beauty.
The Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Chattanooga, Tennessee, exists to proclaim Jesus Christ, the font of all Truth, Beauty, and Goodness, and we continue His mission to form disciples from all peoples according to the tradition and patrimony of the Catholic Church.
The Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul will be a parish of actively engaged, invested, and committed followers of Christ living the fullness of the Catholic Faith.
1. Growth in Attendance and Participation
2. Facility Preservation
3. Active Marketing